Emmedue panel construction is a great way to build an energy efficient, and seismic resistant home. Here in the USA, Emmedue is commonly referred to as M2 Panel construction.
The M2 Construction System uses wall and roof panels that are clipped together and sprayed with concrete. Once the concrete is applied, the structure is strong in 3 dimensions and can resist earthquakes, hurricanes and fires.
Emmedue- M2 panels are now being produced in the USA at a plant in Mississippi. We have featured an innovative M2 home being built in Texas. The owner, Hubert has been sharing construction photos and videos of the progress.
Hubert’s formula for the exterior stucco his Emmedue house is:
|Wts. for One Cubic Yard of Special Stucco Mortar||Abs. Vol. (cf)|
|456 # Type I/II Portland cement||2.320|
|354 # Flyash||2.325|
|50 # Silica Fume||0.364|
|75 # Type S lime||0.537|
|2529 # Masonry sand||15.408|
|4 # Glass fiber||xxxxx|
|352 # Water (add at site as req’d. .41w/c)||5.641|
|3820 #/cy Entrapped air (1.5%)||0.405 (standard estimated value)|
Hubert’s formula by volume is:
- 3% hydrated calcined dolomite (Calcium hydroxide and Magnesium hydroxide) – Lime
- 13% Class F fly ash
- 13% Portland cement
- 2% Silica Fume
- 69% masonry sand for stucco
- .025% AR fiberglass fibers
- 14oz/cwt of PMT-OS
The mix expectation is for about 3,500psi with a good density characteristic.
The structural layer is very similar, but has a higher strength characteristic. This layer is mostly
completed. But, we will be using your sprayer to complete a roof section that still remains
and for some residual wall work.
The mixture for the structural shotcrete, by volume:
- 9% Class F fly ash
- 2% Silica Fume
- 14% Portland
- 75% Sand(TXI blend)
- 12oz/cwt of Kalmatron ( //www.kalmatron.com/K100.html )
This mix has tested out at over 4,100psi.
Stucco Sprayer for Walls
The Tirolessa USA Stucco Sprayer can be used for applying plaster, shotcrete, papercrete, earthen mixes, plastering a stucco house, traditional one coat or three coat stucco, GFRC, stamped concrete, stucco fences, organic sculptures, and more!
Wall & Ceiling Stucco Sprayer
The new Wall and Ceiling Combination Sprayer has a stainless steel hopper for unmatched durability. The unique hopper angle and overflow flap allows for application on ceilings or higher areas. It can be used to spray mortar, plaster, small scale shotcrete, papercrete, earthen mixes, and more!
3-Hole Plaster Sprayer
The Plaster Sprayer is a favorite tool of concrete artisans and plastering professionals. The stainless steel hopper is extremely durable and easy to clean. The extension handle and hopper handle are designed to give you good control, balance and comfort while you are applying material.
From left to right:
- The finished product of of Hubert’s Emmedue panel structure
- The foundation of Hubert’s Emmedue Panel house
- Rebar connects the concrete slab to the panel walls
- Structural steel is embedded into the panels in the corners. This detail supports the sturcture while letting windows fill the space.
- Spraying first interior layer of the home. Note door and window bucks used as screed points and diagonal reinforcement in the corners.
- Spec mix silo on the right delivers pre-mixed shotcrete to the mortar mixer. If this is available in your area it is worth considering.
- Solid walls, ready for finish stucco.
Emmedue panels are used around the world. Recently our sprayers were used with M2structural concrete insulated panels to help rebuild a children’s home in Haiti.